Last Updated on
Teething can be a challenging time for the baby, especially if it is accompanied by various symptoms such as fussiness and pain in the gums. However, there are ways in which this can be made bearable for the teething infant by using teething toys. Infants use toys for playing most of the time, but these same toys with relevant teething features can also be used for soothing the painful, swollen gums.
There are a variety of teething toys on the market. It is important to choose those that will benefit your child by soothing the gums as well as ensuring their safety. Some toys can also play the double role of improving your infant’s sensory skills as they use them for playing.
Below are some of the best teething toys on the market.
Nuby Silicone Teethe-EEZ Teether with Bristles
The Nuby Silicone Teethe-EEZ Teether with Bristles has a perfect texture and consistency for teething babes.It is 100 percent silicone teether which makes it super soft and its multi-textured surface provide a good grip making it easy for the baby to hold on to the teether.
Its made up completely of silicon which makes the teether really soft and unlike plastic there is no worry of parts breaking and creating a choking hazard for the baby. Its fish-shaped ergonomic design allows the baby to grip the teether easily. The front, back and the edging of nuby silicone teether has bristles which are of perfect texture, hard enough to massage the gum yet soft enough to provide a soothing relief to those aching gums.
Specification: One Piece Design, 100% silicone
Recommended Age: 3+ months
- 100-Percent silicone teether, BPA Free
- Multi-textured surfaces make it easy to hold
- Lightweight and comes with a hygenic carrying case
- Since it is made up of silicone, it attracts dust and hair. You may need to wash it more often than other teethers.
The [amazon link=”B00IN8OJ30″ title=”Nuby Silicone Teethe-EEZ Teether” /] provides a much-needed solution to those irritated teething gums of an infant. Its multiple textures soothe, massage, stimulate and clean baby’s gums.
Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys
Nuby Ice Gel Teether keys are useful in helping soothe irritated gums. Other than chewing, the keys can also be placed in the refrigerator so that they can provide a cooling effect on the infant’s gums. They are made with bright colors to stimulate the baby visually. They come in red and purple colors.
Specification: Multiple Teething Surfaces, Nuby’s PurICE technology
Recommended Age: 3+ months
- Ice Gel teether keys have multiple surfaces and can be used for soothing front, back and middle teeth; other surfaces are useful in teeth eruption
- Keys can be cooled in refrigerator; purICE technology allows them to remain cool for a long time; Cool surfaces are essential in stimulating sore gums
- Small size gives infant an easy grip; baby can exercise hands, have sore gums soothed and be stimulated at same time
- Dishwasher safe and therefore easy to keep clean
- Baby may chew on ring and logo instead of keys
- Baby needs to be monitored when using toy to prevent any accidents
The [amazon link=”B003N9M6YI” title=”Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys” /] are worth the money for a teething infant to assist in calming irritated teething gums. The cooling ability enables the keys to sooth sore gums, and the baby can also play easily with the keys to improve their hand eye coordination.
Vulli Sophie The Giraffe Teether
With many parts that can be chewed on by the baby, the Vulli Sophie Giraffe provides a good solution for a teething infant. The 100 percent natural rubber and food paint ensures that it is safe for the baby. It is BPA and phthalates free and facilitates the development of the baby’s sensory skills.
Specification: 100% Natural Rubber
Material Free: BPA Free, Lead Free, Phthalate Free, Latex Free
Recommended Age: 3+ months
- Other than soothing the sore gums, the giraffe also stimulates an infant’s other senses such as touch, sight, tasting, hearing and smell.
- Parts designed to be easy for baby to grip such as the neck and long legs
- Has many chewing parts such as legs, ears and horns to keep baby occupied and to soothe sore gums
- Safe for baby; made with food paint and natural rubber
- Squeaking sound keeps infant amused and stimulates hearing
- Expensive for a teething toy
- Some complaints about it being a choking hazard
The [amazon link=”B06XHNCJHV” title=”Vulli Sophie Giraffe” /] is a multipurpose teething toy that is worth the purchase although expensive in comparison to other teethers. It stimulates the infant senses as well as assisting in soothing the teething gums. The baby can chew on any part of the giraffe.
Teethers are important in helping an infant cope with the discomfort. Some teething toys can also double up as playing toys for an infant such as the some of the teethers reviewed above.
In this category, the Nuby Ice Gel Teether Keys take the first position. The keys are soft for the baby to bite on and they can also be placed in the refrigerator to provide a cooling effect and soothe the gums. They also come at an affordable price.
The Nuby Silicone Teethe-EEZ Teether with Bristles takes the second place. It is affordable and its super soft texture and fish shaped ergonomic design allow the baby to munch on this teether for a long time.
The Vulli Sophie Giraffe takes the last position. This is because it is expensive despite being an interesting toy for the baby to play with. If you prefer a natural product though, this is your best choice.
[amazon box=”B00IN8OJ30,B003N9M6YI,B06XHNCJHV,” grid=”3″]